How many pdf's become unmanageable? How many will make you feel like you're swimming in bits of data that seem more like quicksand than lightweight portions of electronic nothing?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 52. That's how many I have (to date) as I begin to look for resources to develop my topic. They might not be too mismanaged if it were not for the fact they're in multiple folders on my laptop, flash drive, and desktop at work. And the fact that ProQuest and other databases always name them something like 36400464.pdf. Yeah, because that's helpful.

Thank god for Adobe Bridge. I'm in the process of renaming and adding keywords to them all based on content. And putting them all on my flash drive. And...somewhere else, because if I end up losing that flash drive, I'll probably end up playing Frogger across the interstate. Whew.

Breathe. Take time to organize.